Zero waste can be Lush
- Design for zero waste, removing unnecessary packaging where possible.
- Pot return scheme which incentivises customers to participate by providing a discount. Lush Swindon are a local Refill station.
- Innovative products made from fresh, natural ingredients such as soap and cosmetics.
- Strong ethical practices which cover human and animal welfare, and sustainability.
- Support grassroots activism in the areas of animal protection, human rights, and the environment.
So many good reasons to support Lush, one of Swindon's Refill champions!!
Given Lush's credentials, we are delighted to be co-hosting events with them for Plastic Free July this year:
Charity Pot Scheme
Lush kindly offered us an opportunity to take part in their Charity Pot Scheme. It will run in Lush Swindon store in the Brunel Centre from Friday 28th to Sunday 30th July 2023. All the money raised will go to Plastic Free Swindon.
We plan to use any money raised to commission a mural by an area that we've been cleaning in Gorse Hill. We hope it will help keep the area clean, as has been the case in other areas (Examples: 1 | 2). Please support us in our work to transform Swindon!
5th anniversary litter pick
Plastic Free Swindon was 5 years old on the 1st July 2023! We launched our campaign in 2018 with a litter pick with the RSPCA. So a litter pick with Lush for our Keep Swindon Tidy campaign seemed apt.